All About Sexual Role Play
It’s been called the new sensation of the world of sexuality, erotic symbolism, and even the entertainment. It has captivated the minds and hearts of millions of edgy pleasure seeking individuals and has made it into nearly every bedroom to be experimented by the most ambitious couples. Sexual role-play is an act typically involving two or more people in which each person takes on a certain role that acts out a somewhat predetermined set of activities, all with a sexual twist and energy behind the scripted action.
Erotic role play can certainly take many forms. From tabletop games and live action role playing to their digital counterparts, any type has the potential to become erotic. Taken at its most general definition, sexual roleplay involves many sex driven erotic themes. Dressing up in sexy costumes such as a police officer and a speeding driver to involve power scenarios in sexual paly could be considered a type of erotic role play for examples sake. For many couples, erotic role play is seen as contributing to a deeper narrative that is meaningful for both the player and their character. Such a narrative is built with respect to a storyline and interactions with other characters. Unlike virtual/cybersex, in which people describe sexual actions and reaction for themselves, those that practice sexual role play often describe sexual actions and reactions solely through their respective characters.
Roleplaying (or “RPing”) can easily be described as a written collaboration among people as they each control their own character and interact with the other characters to achieve some sort of objective. Written roleplay emerged from tabletop roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons and early adopting games. The fictional collaboration model of forum-based role playing is essentially a tradition RP-ing game without the rigid mechanic of dice and rules. Only a few residual characteristics of forum play-by-post roleplaying points back to tits tabletop predecessors, and that’s mainly its turn-based format and the Game Master entity responsible for controlling the pace of the RP, progression, and the non-player characters and events that happen.
The adult RPing community has taken the written RP subject and narrowed it into the niche of adult themes and sexual themes. Where a conventional roleplay could involve hobbits taking a powerful ring to the summit of a volcano, adult roleplaying involves a dance of foreplay between a couple before they have massive amounts of sex. Or it can involve a forbidden romance, a master-slave dichotomy, or any other adult theme, usually sexual in nature.
Adult roleplaying goes by carious different names that mean different things to different people. The first is “erotic roleplaying” which generally refers to role playing involving sexual themes. Erotica doesn’t have to result in sex. Another way of referring to adult RPing is mature RP which is more indicative of a RP involving adults, not necessarily sex. The third semi-synonymous for adult roleplaying is sexual roleplaying and often refers to the act of dressing up in the costumes and pretending to be someone or something else while you have sex with your partner. In the written role play community, sexual roleplaying simply means that the collaboration involves se. Finally, “adult” roleplaying is an all-inclusive phrase that catches all of the individual roleplay subsets above.
Examples and Instances of Sexual Role-Playing
Many people, both male and female, are seriously excited at the prospect of being a public exhibitionist. For some, we might entail a quick flash of genitalia. For others being totally naked in a public place or engaging in sexual activity in front of others is what excites them. However, unless such desires are fulfilled in a controlled situation among consenting adults, it runs the very real risk of breaking the law. The role playing scenarios below are intended to be performed in a private situation with the public limited only to the active participants.
- Shower: “Caught in the shower” scenarios, in which one partner walks in on the other in or just out of the bathtub, are very popular and quite easy to set up and run with. Some typical situations might include: a wife walks in on her husband who is masturbating while showering; a prospective house buyer stumbles upon the owner of the house as he is about to bathe; or a colleague takes a picture of her co-worker in the shower and threatens to blackmail him if he doesn’t masturbate in front of her.
- Psychiatrist: The male plays a patient of a female psychiatrist. Lying on the couch, he talks about his deep-seated desire to expose himself in front of others. The psychiatrist encourages him to go with his desires in the safety of the office.
- Classroom: Many men remember being embarrassed at school when a very noticeable erection caused their pants to poke out. In this scenario, the male pretends to be a high school student making a presentation in an excited state. The female is an understanding teacher who encourages him to release his boner so that he will be more comfortable and who then praises him as he demonstrates his skill with it.
- Truth or Dare: The female dares the male to strip naked and pose on a crowded street. He does so, and his partner takes on the roles of passers-by who stop, whistle, applaud, or otherwise show their appreciation of this man’s endowment.
- Copy room fun: The male is caught using the office copier to make pictures of his member. The female colleague who catches him wants him to show her what’s so special about his package. Soon the two are engaged in coupling, aware all the while that someone may walk in on them at any second.
- Casual meet-up: This is a good way to start a scenario or an evening’s activities. You can arrange to meet at a local bar, night club or any other common area, pretending to be strangers. You go over, start flirting, drop a few pickup lines and the next thing you know, you two ‘strangers’ are going home for some bedroom wrestling.
- School mistress/naughty student: This is a variant on the classic school girl/teacher. This fantasy scenario features a male boarding school student who is being caught by the headmistress doing something bad (masturbating, reading a porn magazine, etc). The stern headmistress must then discipline the school boy. Spanking and other corporal punishment is a good way to start, or perhaps he will be stripped and made to stand in the corner, or be stripped and have his genitals bound. Through the process of disciplining this student, the headmistress may suddenly get horny or the student may try to seduce her causing her to forget the morals and obligations.
- Interrogation: A basic interrogation scene may start with one person taking on the role of an interrogator, such as a military officer and attempts to extract information from the other. The interrogator then begins ‘torturing’ the other person to get the information. This ‘torture’ can include using nipple clamping, spanking or even mock-rape. This kind of scene is both physically and psychologically challenging and definitely not for everyone. Nevertheless, they can be fun and extremely exciting for people who like resistance and intense power exchange in their role playing.
- Security guard/intruder: The setting here is straightforward with the security guard confronting the intruder for trespassing on security property while trying to take a short cut on the way to home. The security guard will then take the offender back into the security room, where the offender is subjected to a humiliating strip search. The security guard explains that the standard policy is for the police to be notified and the offender is to be charged for criminal trespassing. However, other arrangements can be made and at this juncture, wishing to avoid a night in jail, the offender does whatever the security guard instructs.
- Stripper/client: In this scenario, the dancer works at an ‘anything goes’ nightclub. As a special promotion, the club has sponsored a contest and the winner of this contest gets full and complete use of the stripper for an evening. The stripper must allow the winner to do whatever he or she wants. The winner takes full advantage of the reward, using the stripper as a sex toy. The stripper must be completely obedient and allow the winner to do whatever the winner wishes, regardless of how he or she feels about it.
- Blackmailer/person with shameful secrets: In this scenario, a blackmailer shows up at the doorstep of a person who has some dark, shameful secrets. The blackmailer claims to have some embarrassing photos in his cell phone and threatens to release them on his Facebook. In desperation, the victim tries to bribe the blackmailer with sexual favors, trading sex for the secrecy. The blackmailer may make any demands on her body. She is forced to comply, or be exposed.
Benefits of Sexual Role-Playing in Chat Form
Over the past decade with an increase in the advancement of technology, there has arisen a new way of sexually roleplaying that occurs largely over the internet. The above application of roleplaying can happen entirely online within chat rooms in which each party acts out their roles through typing out or acting via a webcam. Since cybersex can satisfy some sexual desires without the risk of a sexually transmitted disease (STD) or pregnancy, it is a physically safe way for young people to experiment with sexual thoughts and emotions. Additionally, people with long-term ailments (including HIV) can engage in cybersex as a way to safely achieve sexual gratification without putting their partners at risk. Cybersex allows real-life partners who are physically separated to continue to be sexually intimate. In geographically separated relationships, it can function to sustain the sexual dimension of a relationship in which the partners see each other only infrequently face to face. Also, it can allow partners to work out problems that they have in their sex life that they feel uncomfortable bringing up otherwise. It can enable participants to act out fantasies which they would not act out (or perhaps would not even be realistically possible) in real life through role-playing due to physical or social limitations and potential for misunderstanding, such as extreme BDSM, incest, zoophilia or rape. It takes much less effort and resources on the Internet than in real life to connect to a person like yourself or with whom a more meaningful relationship is possible. Furthermore, cybersex allows each user to take control. For example, each party has entire and complete control over the duration of a webcam session.
The Future of Sexual Role-Playing
Every day new forms of role playing are popping up in modern day culture, and many revolve around a relatively new movement that goes by the acronym BDSM: Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, and Masochism. BDSM is an erotic form of sexual expression involving the consensual use of restraint, intense sensory stimulation, and fantasy role-play. The acronym BDSM is derived from the terms bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). BDSM includes a wide array of activities, forms of personal relationships, and distinct subculture. I will be only discussing basic BDSM here and save the fetishes and role-playing for later.
Bondage is physically restraining your partner from simple rope to elaborate straps, chains, and locks. Discipline is the act of restraining your partner through the use of rules and punishment.
Dominance and Submission (also known as D&s, Ds or D/s) is a set of behaviors, customs and rituals relating to the giving and accepting of control of one individual over another in a sexual relationship. It is the mental aspect of the BDSM relationship. Collaring, tattoos, and piercings are often used to show a D/S consensual relationship.
Sadomasochism is the giving and receiving of sexual pleasure through physical and psychological pain. The Sadist enjoys giving pain, while a masochist enjoys receiving.
BDSM relationships are characterized by individuals usually taking on complementary, but unequal roles, so consent from both the partners is essential. Participants who are the controllers are known as tops or dominants. Those who enjoy being controlled by their partners are known as bottoms or submissives. Individuals who alternate between top/dominant and bottom/submissive roles are known as switches.