UPDATE: as of late 2012 looks like the site has been updated and is much like a classified ads site. Like a craigslist for dating within the US
A little confused as to why dating.com is in such a sorry state. They really have a great opportunity to expand and create a great dating site from their domain name but nothing seems to be going on… Why has nobody bought this name and done something with it?
They basically just link to a few articles from the front page
- How to get a better Response from your ad
- Communication in a relationship
- Body Language
- Creative date ideas
- 25 Rules That Guys Wish Women Knew
- 5 Things You Should Never Tell a Guy (Cosmopolitan)
- Romantic Moves That Won’t Make Him Gag (Cosmopolitan)
- Dating and Dollars
- Dating: guidelines for single moms
- Do guys like it when a woman makes the first move?
- Do men like it when women ask them out?
- Does it work to play hard to get?
- Five First Date Forget-Me-Nots
- He stood me up!
- How to Write a “Kiss Off” Letter to Mr. Wrong
- Is it okay to ask for an expensive gift?
- Technology Trouble: 10 twenty-first century ways to wreck a Relationship
- What can I do with a guy who’s cheap?
- Who should pick up the tab?
By the looks of the layout it’s run on a simple free dating script… wtf?
I think whoever owns a big name like dating.com should be doing something better than that.
Their slogan is…
Online Dating for Singles – Find a date for free on Dating.com, the Worlds’ biggest and best dating site
Obviously not true