Plenty Of Fish Pros
1. The sheer size and popularity of plentyoffish is what makes it so good.
I have not included price as the best pro because that would be to obvious. Millions upon millions of singles throughout the world seem to flock to simple ol plentyoffish in search of love.
Canada,UK USA AUS it doesn’t matter.
It doesn’t seem to matter about the simple graphics and the fact that it’s owned and operated by pretty much one guy and why should it. Singles want to one thing and one thing only – other compatible singles to chat with. Plentyoffish delivers the goods every day of the week with thousands of fresh fish signing up every day.
Perhaps singles enjoy the simple layout almost like the google vs yahoo angle.
2. PRICE – Yes it had to come in at either 1 or 2. FR*EE sells like hot cakes online which is why you see it everywhere.
Plenty of fish makes so much from it’s on site ads that they would be silly to change. 100% free online dating is a very easy to sell concept and signups to POF have come thick and fast ever since the site launched.
3. Registering and setting up your profile is a very simple process. No long winded personality tests or profile descriptions to ponder over. It’s straight to the action. Once again plenty of fish is giving users what they want, stripping away the unneeded pink ribbons and becoming almost like a wall mart of online dating.
4. Flash image uploading means your profile picture is less likely to end up at a random site.
5. Fun easy chat/email system included within the site.
Ability to block users from emailing you
6. Active forums discussing dating ideas and experiences. Because of the large database of users the forums are always changing and updating. There are always moderators behind the big forums with big egos ready to boot people who are acting up.
7. Ability to give public feedback regarding positive or negative user experience. Makes plentyoffish to be a safer place to date due to self moderation by experience.
Plenty Of Fish Cons
1. Quality – due to the nature of free the quality of users at plenty of fish sufferes. You will be surprised in that there are a ton of hot girls on the sites in places like California but most small towns are usually filled with unattractive singles.
Girls will often complain about receiving anonymous sexual emails and phone numbers asking for discreet meet ups. Because there is no financial screening process plenty of fish seems to attract some users that are not as serious as say eHarmony.
2. Filtering and sorting through the numerous inactive profiles and unsuitable singles can take some time and or thought the pof advanced search features are comprehensive they could make it a little easier for you to find matches.
3. Ads – however when I was on the site I did not notice that many while browsing singles on the site. I would have thought plenty of fish would have been more ad heavy but was surprised at how markus frind (the owner) went about monetising the site. You will have 3 links to paid sites at the top and maybe a banner but apart from that no horrible about.com flashing banners.
4. Graphics – I know it’s not important but it would be such a quick and easy fix to change the old pof graphics to keep up with the times.
Large user base
Some low quality users who are not as serious as paid site users
All in all this site is great for what it provides. Being a free dating site they will always attract the low quality stigma but they provide a great free service despite it.
Things you will be asked in your profile
Do you drink?
Do you want children?
Do you do drugs?
Do you have children?
Do you have a car?
Photography travel hiking boating outdoor stuff
First Date (your ideal first date)